Integration with Substrate
The API is split up into a number of internal packages -
- @polkadot/api The API library, providing both Promise and RxJS Observable-based interfaces. This is the main user-facing entry point.
- @polkadot/api-derive Derived results that are injected into the API, allowing for combinations of various query results (only used internally and exposed on the Api instances via api.derive.*)
- @polkadot/metadata Base extrinsic, storage and constant injectors for injection
- @polkadot/rpc-core Wrapper around all JSON-RPC methods exposed by a Polkadot network client
- @polkadot/rpc-provider Providers for connecting to nodes, including WebSockets and Http Type definitions for interfaces as exposed by Polkadot & Substrate clients -
- @polkadot/types Codecs for all Polkadot and Substrate primitives